Monday, January 13, 2014

Kid's Room

The room is ready, and waiting for a kid to arrive.  It actually can accommodate a crib infant and a child that can sleep in a bed, and I will be licensed for two children; but my plan is definitely not to take two kids at the same time, at least at first.  (Of course now that I have said that, I'm sure two kids is EXACTLY what I'll end up with!)


My awesome friend gave me the comforter set, my dad gave me the bedrail (which is a foldout, so is stowed under the mattress right now), the Big Bird chair was mine as a child, the dresser used to be my mom's, the changing pad came from my sister, and I bought the colorful shelves years ago on clearance (with the intention of one day using them for a child). 


They said that a Pack 'n Play was sufficient for a bed for an infant.  I got this Eddie Bauer one from a yard sale when my nephew and goddaughter were born a few years ago.  One of my patient's family members gave me an actual mattress for it since she used to own a day care. 



There is also a Sesame Street lamp that was in my childhood room as well, but it needs to be re-wired.  That's not a project on my list right now.


(Can you spot the fire escape plan posted on the door??)

5 comments:

  1. How did you create the fire escape plan? Did you use a website? I have to do one for my home study and I was curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I had a floor layout from the builder from when I moved in; and traced the rooms/doors/etc onto a piece of graph paper; then just added arrows, saying to go down the stairs and go out either the front or back door. Mine also had to include the location of smoke detectors and their exp dates, location of the fire extinguisher; and notation as to where a crib infant would be.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this! I'm going to see if I can find a builder floor plan and go from there.

    ReplyDelete