Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tax Woes

Well, it has happened to me. 

I filed my taxes yesterday and crossed my fingers that Evie's mom had not claimed her first.  (Since she has been with me more than six months of the year, I am the one who can claim her on my taxes.)

And then I got a message today from my tax preparer that the return had been kicked back because someone had already claimed Evie.  Great.

I should have known because on January 29, Evie's mom FINALLY got a cell phone of her own (she has been using her mom's for the last three months); and a few days later she told Evie she had bought her a Frozen bed set she had been asking for, as well as a Frozen bookbag.  Now she's going to have to pay the money back to the IRS... and I'm sure every penny of it is already spent. 

Now I begin the process of gathering documentation to prove that I am actually the one eligible to claim her.  Ugghhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment