Monday, January 4, 2016

Update

The week of Christmas, I got a text from Elmer's caseworker (blog name JATH - Joined at the Hip, as she always comes to home visits with a specific one of the other caseworkers) asking if she could come pick him up the next day for a visit with his parents.  (Less than two weeks before, she told me that the parents had had no contact with DSS yet.)  I was working and couldn't go to the visit, so I asked her to touch base with me to let me know how the visit went and also what was going on with the parents; I did not hear back from her until today. 


Court is on Monday.  (My understanding is that it is a merits hearing; she keeps calling it a "trial."  So I don't know exactly what to expect.)  I plan to go - even with Sunshine (the most communicative caseworker we have had), I learned SO MUCH new information at court. 


JATH also told me today (via text) that the parents "have named a relative that may be willing to take Elmer in."  So we will see what happens with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment